Posted by: julie | 2008/07/12

A month ago I had a stomach bug as happens these days. It wasn't severe nor lasted long- a week at most. Since then I have had a sensitive bladder/kidneys/intestines/stomach, that is, I get various pains, from dull large area to burning to sharp pin prick and they can be anywhere from my flank to my waist (all round) to around my belly button to my groin to the middle of my abdomen above my waist. I have had a hysterectomy so that's ruled out. Because these pains come and go I have not been to a doctor- I think there'll be nothing when I get there. Is it safe for me to wait until these pains subside of their own accord? I do not feel nauseous and have a normal appetite. My bowel movements have been a bit sluggish since the initial diarrhoea but are pretty much normal now. My stools are a bit lighter than usual in colour. After being dark during the stomach bug, my urine is now noraml coloured- pale yellow. PS an acquaintance said I could have worms????

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you deworm yourself (you can purchase a chewable tablet over the counter at your pharmacy, called D-worm) and assess the situation after one week. If the symptoms persists, I recommend that you consult your doctor for a full examination.

Kind regards