Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/08/12

Bladder pain

Dear Doc

For the past one year and a half I have been battling with a bladder infection,I just decided not to date anymore as after I slept with my boyfriend I would have a uti. Still even this year I have this painful bladder of which most of the medication doesn' t respond to. I went to a urologist in 2007 did my urine analysis,that showed that I had a trace of bacteria, Haemoglobin and my leucocyte esterase is positve. This year Jan I was in hospital for cystoscopy that revealed I had nothing. In the month of July 08 I went to do my urine analysis again, bacteria was not there, leucocyte esterase negative,but now the results shows that I have a trace of ketones but negative,What doe this mean as my bladder is constantly in pain. After three month I met some one whom I date, we went to for blood test the were negative. we slept together for the first time on the second of August it was okay,then after one day my bladder began to pain,but my problem is that when I drink pain killers I become okay but that does' nt help with this problem, cos after pain pills goes out of my system its back to square one,during my cystoscopy with my urologist he didn' t find any thing but that I was inflammed. I took urihexal still the pain persist please help me as I can' t find a solutionas this is making my life hell I don' know what to do .

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anonymous
This is more common than one thinks. It is called interstitial cystitis and nobody really knows what the cause is. We know that the bladder lining is abnormal and this causes pain and a feeling of urge. They think that some chemicals/foods may aggravate this (alcohol, coffees, teas, herbal teas, green teas, all sodas (particularly diet), concentrated fruit juices, tomatoes, citrus fruit, cranberries, the B vitamins, vitamin C, monosodium glutamate, chocolate, and potassium-rich foods such as bananas)
An antidepressant amitryptilene and an antihistamine may reduce symptoms. Where do you live? I know of an urologist that specializes in woman urology problems.
Ketones in the urine just shows that your bloodsugar is a bit low but is not an indication of bladder disease.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2008/08/13

See if you can get an appointment with Dr Frans van Wijk in Pretoria Urology hospital.

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/08/13

Dear Doc,

Thanks I live in Johannesburg, in the east rand I would be very happy if you could be able to furnish me those details of the nearest doctor as I am in pain.

Reply to Anonymous

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.