Question
Posted by: Kaydee | 2006/11/14

Bladder infections

I had a polyp removed from my endometrium in May and since then have had constant bladder infections - particularly Enterococcus faecalis. I have been on a number of antibiotics but it always cames back a few days later. I have had a cystoscope and my kidneys checked and all seems to be fine. Also I have a constant feeling of pressure in the bladder area. Should I continue with antibiotics or could something else be causing this?

It sounds like your doctors are doing the right things. I can't really comment on whether there is another cause without examining you.

1
Posted by: nix | 2006/11/15

you must always finish a course of antibiotics. but i can tell you i always suffered from bladder infections and then a friend told me about a pill that you get at a health shop, i used it for about 3 months and it hasn't returned, it's been about 3 years now. it's called "Cranverry", it's really brilliant. it is quiet expensive (to some) - a month being about R80, which in the long run is gonna be worth it - especially if you compare it to the medical bills now. i have found that only the top/big health shops have it. but just tell them to order it in if they don't have stock. good luck.

Reply to nix