Posted by: jess | 2006/11/07

bladder infections



Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Jess
An abnormal bladder or urinary tubes, kidney stones, sexual contamination, wiping back to front, bubble bath, low immunity. We normally feel that if a patient gets more than 3 proven ( lab tested) urine tract infections per year she needs to see an urologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: anxious | 2006/11/07

How do you know they are in fact positive bladder infections that keep coming back? Are you having urine samples sent for lab testing to confirm you do in fact have positive bladder infections? I ask this because dipstick tests in a gp's rooms alone are not necessarily accurate enough to confirm positive infections - labs do MC&S testing which is microscopy, culture and sensititivty tests which are far more accurate. If you do in fact have recurring lab positive bladder infections your gp should be sending you to a urologist to find out what is causing them.

Believe me I know all about bladder/kidney infection problems. I have had so many kidney infections I have lost count. My urologist said many women consider they have bladder/kidney infection problems when in fact they don't have infections regularly enough to justify investigating the problem. Most urologists wont consider bladder/kidney problems as being a problem unless you have 3 or more lab positive infections in a year.

Reply to anxious

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.