Question
Posted by: concerned | 2004/11/15

Bladder infection before periods

Every week before my periods I get a burny and itchy feeling. It burns mostly when i go to the toilet and when i wash myself in the bath. i do use Nordette and am not having any sex.
i would like to know if it this is caused by the pill or is there something i can do about it. This has been about the 4th month and i have been on the pill for a year and a half.

You may be getting recurrent thrush. This commonly occurs just before a period. Have a look at the archives for ways of preventing recurrent thrush.