Question
Posted by: Ali | 2005/11/28

Bladder infection and possibly pregnant: URGENT PLEASE!!!

Have been TTC for a few months now. Ovulated last week. I have a bladder infection. Started yesterday. Have been trying to drink a lot of water, but no luck. I went to the pharmacy this morning. They gave me Utin (antibiotic). I did say that there is a chance that I might be pregnant and the pharmacist said that Utin would be safe to use. I am still scared to start drinking the tablets. Does anyone know that it is safe to use? I didn't want to go to the doctor about the bladder infection, as I am seeing the gynea next week. Please help!!! I am very concerned.

This should not be used in pregnancy. Amoxil might be a better option.

2
Posted by: Ali | 2005/11/28

Thank you Gogga. It's just that I don't want to do anything that can harm the baby, if I am pregnant, which of course I hope I am.

Reply to Ali
Posted by: Gogga | 2005/11/28

Are you drinking citrus soda too? Don't know about the tablets. If you ovulated only last week, chances are if you are pregnant, that the baby is just a week old. Most woman only find out they are pregnant about week 5, and only then do most stop drinking/smoking. I wouldn't worry too much about the medication this soon. Rather get yourself healthy again - bad bladder infections could harm your kidneys.

Take care!

Reply to Gogga