Question
Posted by: Lebone | 2008/07/22

Bladder Infection

Dear Doc,
During 2006 I met really special person in my life the relationship matured, to a point where we had to take it further. We booked ourselves to do HIV test which were both negative. After some months in the relatioship after sleeping with my partner I would have uti,go to a doctor and it will clear up,I believe during that year I had it three times. But I just decided to terminate the relationship because I felt something was not right. After that I was left with a painful bladder, spasm in my inner thighs and terrible pain, the funny part was that when I urinate the urine seemed normal,but my doc took it to the lab and thel ab found I had a lot of blood, trace of leucocyte esterase and bacteria. She send me to a urologist who put me on micriodantins and other medications at first it was fine this pills minimised the pain,and I urinated darkbrown urine,but after that the pain was still there i did another urineanalysis the same things was still there, it was in 2007, until the urologist decides to book me a cystoscopy this year Jan 2008, I went for the procedure he found nothing, then he said I should do a CT scan which i did the finding was that I was a nullip void patient. At least after that I could go on without drinking any painkiller, after two months the pain come over again. I dont know what to do, but the funny part is that when I drink painkillers the pain subsides,but doesnt get to the real problem please advice what should I do cos I can' t seem to wear stretch jeans nor pantyhoses, again I tested for the HIV and I am negative. Since 2006 I am not sexually active.

Dear Lebone
It sounds to me as you have a type of chronic pelvic pain condition. Is the bladder bleeding and infection at least solved?
I think you should
1. go to a physiotherapist experienced in pelvic pain syndromes ( ask around ) , as sometimes this pain is caused by spasms of the deep pelvic muscles and they need to examine you for this - this is treatable with physiotherapy and medication
2. You should have a good gynecological examination to exclude endometriosis

Let me know what the feedback is?