Question
Posted by: Marlize | 2004/10/13

Bladder infection

HI there

I am 23 weeks pregnant now and I think that I may have a bladder infection.I have all the symptoms,pain when urinating,pain on my right hand side,slight milky when urinating.
Can I use Citric Soda to try to clear it up?My gynie is not there will only be back next week.

You can try citrus soda but you would need some antibiotics as well that you can get from your GP or his/her locum

1
Posted by: Tash | 2004/10/13

Hi, As a sufferer, i can say Yes you can use Citro Soda, it will make an unpleasant environment for the germs to live and procreate and help relieve the burning. Drink lots of water and try have at least 1 glass of Cranberry juice a day. Cranberry gets where water cant, and stops the germs from sticking to the bladder walls.
If you dont like Cranberry juice, Dischem sells Cranberry tabs.
You have to get it sorted, ive heard that its not good for baby.
Hope u feel better soon.

Reply to Tash