Question
Posted by: ginger | 2008/01/15

Bladder

Hi Doc, I really need advice.  I had a hysterectomy a year ago.  43 years old. Ever since the hyst I have had problems "leaking".  I saw a urologist who said I had a inflammatory mass under my bladder and that this as causing the problem.  This mass has reduced and still I have the problem.  I saw urologist again who then told me that I have a cyst that in pushing on my bladder and this is pushing on my bladder, the cyst has now also reduced.  Yet still I have urge incontinence and stress incontinence.  I spoke to my gynae and he said that my bladder has probably dropped, but has done nothing about it.  What do I do, I am the one walking around wetting myself and no one cares.  What can I do now?

Dear Ginger
There is a urologist specializing in this in Pretoria at Pretoria Urology hospital - Dr Frans van Wijk. If you don't live near Pretoria, give his rooms a call and find out who he would recommend near you.
012 342 9417