Posted by: ginger | 2008/01/15


Hi Doc, I really need advice.  I had a hysterectomy a year ago.  43 years old. Ever since the hyst I have had problems "leaking".  I saw a urologist who said I had a inflammatory mass under my bladder and that this as causing the problem.  This mass has reduced and still I have the problem.  I saw urologist again who then told me that I have a cyst that in pushing on my bladder and this is pushing on my bladder, the cyst has now also reduced.  Yet still I have urge incontinence and stress incontinence.  I spoke to my gynae and he said that my bladder has probably dropped, but has done nothing about it.  What do I do, I am the one walking around wetting myself and no one cares.  What can I do now?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Ginger
There is a urologist specializing in this in Pretoria at Pretoria Urology hospital - Dr Frans van Wijk. If you don't live near Pretoria, give his rooms a call and find out who he would recommend near you.
012 342 9417
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.