Question
Posted by: totally lost | 2004/11/19

blackheads on my thighs???

hi!! i have this problem. I have blackheads on my inner thighs and no matter how much i scrub and squeeze them, they just keep coming back. it looks terrible especially if i want to wear shorts in summer. I shower twice a day and i eat healthily and exercise. what can b the casue of this and how can i get rid of it as i am very fair skinned and it sticks out like crazy. i have had bad acne when i was younger due to hormonal imbalances but hav since taken Roacutane....now that the acne is gone from my face, i definately dont want it on my thighs!!!!

Totally lost, it sounds like you have a high concentration of oil producing glands in that area and the best would be to wash the area with a soap-free cleanser as ordinary soap will stimulate the production of more oil. You can then also use something formulated for the treatment of blackheads like Differen® gel at night. Squeezing them may cause them to turn into pimples and may leave scars. It the above doesn’t make a difference within 2-4 weeks, the best would be to see a dermatologist. Good luck.