Question
Posted by: Koekie | 2004/11/15

BJ

I don't know how to put this but I guess straight is the best way. I've been dating a guy for a while and he has told me that he's never had anyone permanent in his life for the last 2 years since he's been divorced just one night stands but has always used comdoms. Last went for an aids test 4 years ago.

This weekend we went further than before and I gave him a BJ and I always thought it was sort of unspoken that you just dont cum in a girls mouth unless you've asked... In any case it happened. I ran to the bathroom and tried to spit and wash out as much as I could !!

What are my changes of getting something if he has it ? What should I do ? I told him how could you and he said he did ask and I didn't answer.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

If you have no sores in your mouth you can relax. If you have open sores you need to see your doctor.

4
Posted by: Koekie | 2004/11/15

Inc - thank you so much for this - you have really help put my mind at ease. And yes until we've both been tested for HIV I will not do this again.

Thank you !

Reply to Koekie
Posted by: Inc | 2004/11/15

Hi Koekie...
firstly, you don't go for an AIDS test.. you go for an HIV test.
Secondly, there is an enzyme in saliva that kills the virus in sperm. Anything you swallowed will be killed by stomach acid. As long as there was no sore in your mouth, you will be fine. Best thing is for both of you to be tested - knowing your status is best.

Reply to Inc
Posted by: Koekie | 2004/11/15

I have never posted here before, does someone else use this nic ? Sorry.

I am negative and have been VERY careful. But what if i swallowed some sperm ? I could get hiv from this can't i ?

If he just goes for a test and he's negative i'll be at rest but how do i ask him this ?

Reply to Koekie
Posted by: SickOne | 2004/11/15

Koekie pls remind me again . are you + or what.
Im not against people who enjoy themselves I also do at times. But my advice to you is you need to be careful
Ensure that you do not have any openings in and around your mouth even an ulcer just so you know that chances of getting anything as you put is are reduced.
This is an example of really playing safe. Im sure you cant get sypillis if your patner had it and came in your mouth, but sure thing is if there is an opening 1 thing you can get is HIVirus if he has it and you are exposing yourself to reinfection.

Reply to SickOne