Question
Posted by: D | 2004/12/10

bitter taste in mouth

i have a permanent bitter taste in my mouth that worsens after eating and makes all my food taste bitter. it is similar to a bile taste and after a big meal can make me very nauseas and ill. i also have a bit of a headeache although i do drink between 6-8 glasses of water a day so i don't think it could be dehydration. could you please tell me if this is something to worry about? thanks. D

D, it might be due to gum disease, salivary gland disease, gastro-oesophageal reflux, drugs and a host of other more obscure disorders. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.