Question
Posted by: andy | 2005/12/02

Bit worried

Hi Ladies/Gynaedoc
I hope you can help me. My period started 23 Nov and was supposed to stop on Sunday but it didn't. The whole week I had abdominal pain which started sunday and a mixture of brown discharge and blood (excuse the detail). I noticed that it is only blood when I have passed stools (not constipated) and the bleeding is vaginal so I'm ruling out piles. the rest of the time is is just a brown discharge. I used clomid from 01-05 Oct, and had 2 periods afterwards so I'm also don't think it can be a side effect of the clomid. My gynae is only available next week. Has any of you experienced this and can I go to a GP in the meantime.
Please help me ladies.

I think that it is safe to wait till you see your gynaecologist. Your period has gone on longer than usual. This could be due to a change in hormones, or possible a cyst.

Best wishest