Question
Posted by: Emerald | 2004/10/12

Birth Corntrol

I've been on Triphasil for nearly five years and recently decided to stop because of the way it made me feel (cranky, dry hair, etc) I now have an irregular period, for instance:- One week later than the previous month or the next month a week earlier. It's a 7 day period for me, which comes with heavy bleeding, massive cramps and stuff. I had a laparascopy early this year and was told that I don't ovulate. I don't use any birth control right now and would like a baby maybe next year, if possible.

My questions:-
Why is my periods so long and so unbearable?
How is it that I don't ovulate and what can be done about this?
What birth control can you recommend for me that will help with the bleeding and cramps but can help with the ovulating?

Thanks You!

The abnormal periods is as a result of the not ovulating. The commonest cause of this is polycystic ovary syndrome.
Try a lower dose pill-it may have less side effects.
While you are on the pill you would most likely not ovulate and once you want to get pregnant there are treatment available to make you ovulate