Question
Posted by: kathleen | 2007/03/01

Birth Control pills

Hi there,

I am taking melodene oral contraceptives. there are 21 white "hormaonal tablets" and then 7 pinkish "nonhormonal" ones that are basically taken during the withdrawal bleed. I have accidently missed two of these pinkish tablets. As far as i understand they're basically just like sugar pills or something that you take to stay in the habit of taking pills so u don't miss the white ones. So my question is, will it affect the effectiveness of the contraceptive if i have missed the pink "nonhormonal" tablets? I thought it was fine but i'm a bit paranoid so now i'm worried.

Thanks so much!

Dear Kathleen
Missing the pink pills won't be a problem at all.

2
Posted by: CD again | 2007/03/04

Dear Ruqayya
Remember to always write in the post a question box for me.
No this will not help - if your husband smokes, let him stop smoking, avoid preservatives in his food, let him wear boxershorts instead of normal underpants. He must eat fresh fruit and vegetables daily but sometimes the only solution will be assisted conception.

Reply to CD again
Posted by: ruqayya | 2007/03/02

can i take the birth control pill for a month and leave it to increase ovulation and fall pregnant i have tried everything the gynea told me to and i havent fallen pregnant my husband also has a sperm problem it said to weak how can he improve it to make me pregnant urgent

Reply to ruqayya