Question
Posted by: Kaylene | 2004/10/28

birth control and diet medicine

I would just like to know i was on the injection for 1 year 6 months i left it in July , how long does it take for my period to come back .

My second question is what would happen if i use diet medicine without knowing if i am pregnant becuase most of the diet medicine says you should not use it if you are pregnant

It can take up to a year for your periods to return.
It depends what diet medicine you have in mind. Some of them might cause abnormalities in the fetus.

1
Posted by: Golly | 2004/10/28

Kaylene,

I don't know how long the injection takes to wear off, but generally is a minimum of the time lag between injections (i.e. if you had injections every three months then at a minimum it will take 3 months to leave your system; similarly if you received one every six months, it will take a minimum of 6 months to wear off).

On your second question: maybe you should consider not trying to diet and get pregnant at the same time. Firstly, if you do fall pregnant, you will put on weight in any case. Secondly, limiting your food intake and nutrition while on diet really impacts your body and it may go into "survival mode". In such situations (where the body believes there is famine or high stress) it gives preferance to survival and not procreation. It can not support a pregnancy as successfully as when you are eathing healthy foods and leading a healthy life style.

Consider visiting a nuitritionist who will be able to tell you what foods to eat that will help you loose weight while being healthy and optimising your chances of falling pregnant. It will most probably also help regulate your cycles when they return.
Take folic acid even before trying to fall pregnant as it prevents spina bifida in babies.
If you are healthy and happy, your chances of having a healthy baby is definately optimised. Good luck in ttc!

Reply to Golly