Question
Posted by: Anonn | 2007/04/03

Birth Control

Hi, if my girlfriend and i would choose to use the morning after pill instead of a condom while having sex, would it be a safe idea to prevent her from getting pregnant and what will her chances be of getting pregnant while using the morning after pill??

Expert ImageForumArchive

You should not use the morning after pill to prevent her from falling pregnant. This is for an emergency only. Rather use a condom at all times.

2
Posted by: anon | 2007/04/03

i think you are treading on dangerous ground with that idea. The morning after pill is emergency contraception - for exactly that reason, emergencies. If I remember correctly it forces a period and thus each time you have sex, you would have to use it and then she'd have a period. It would mess up her cycles completely. Also, it plays horribly with hormones and emotions.

Why not look into other methods of contraception, like the pill (normal one), mirena device etc.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Nats | 2007/04/03

Anonn. The morning after pill is not really suposed to be used as a contraceptive. But yes it will help prevent her from falling pregnant

Reply to Nats