Question
Posted by: ASHLEY | 2008/06/20

Bipolar/Schizophrenia/Depression/Anxiety

How do I know I am bipolar?What is the symptoms? I am very moody, aggressive, emotional, depressed, anxious... I have been told I am schezophrenic? How do I know I am and is it serious. I suffer from anxiety and depression too. Do I need psychological treatment

One may indeed have more than one variety of psych disorder at once, but its unlikely to be this wode range. The only safe and sure way to clarify is to ignore diagnoses made by yourself and friends ( except as indicators that expert advice is needed ) and to see a good local psychiatrist for a full in person assessment, and then a discussion of what the diagnosis appears to be and what treatment options are recommended. Anything else would be guesswork, and you deserve much better than that !
Do return to the forum later on, having seen your shrink, and let us know what the outcome was

1
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/06/21

If you are Bipolar you would experience episodes of depression and/ mania but there could be periods inbetween that your emotions will be normal ... (You could also read more about the topic on the internet). Who diagnosed you? You could go for an assesment or (second opinion) to comfirm that you are schizophrenic or not, just see a good psychologist and/ phyciatrist if necessary. I think there is alink between depression and anxiety but should your axiety be very severe a phyciatrist could subscribe medication for that. Psychological treatment is also very helpful and should actually be your first choice. Psycological treatment is very helpful if you have any mental illness.

Reply to Zexeon