Question
Posted by: JayCee | 2007/07/20

Bipolar (me again)

Hi there CS,
Diagnosed with Bipolar IV, I started taking the Lamictin yesterday. I am still extremely aggressive, I'm locking myself up in my house so I don't shout at anyone for any silly reason, at least till this medicine starts working.
Before I was diagnosed I found 5HTP worked pretty well to kinda calm me down a bit. Can I take some while I'm waiting for this medicine to e..v..e...n..t..u..a...l...l..y kick in.

And please, any tips on how to calm down this hideous agression I'm feeling would be greatly appreciated. I'm even irritating myself.

Thank you.

Remember few medicines, especially those with lasting benefits, have immediately obvious benefits. It shouldn't take very long for the Lamictin to start being helpful. Ideally, I'd like to see some CBT counselling brought into play to help you learn a whole range of techniques for controlling this aggression and temper.
I have doubts about combining 5HTP WITH more recognized and tested meds like Lamictin, and wouldn't advise on taking such a combination.