Question
Posted by: Gerda Pretorius | 2010/03/17

Bipolar disorder

My husband age 45, was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder! after 23 years of hell in our marraige, and allways myself the one that gets the blaim for all the arguments, how will i now continue, knowing what i always suspected? How can i continue, and will it get better? Any advice will be helpfull, as i feel like running away!

Well, if you managed to carry on despite the problems of untreated Bipolar Disorder, shouldn't it be easier now the disorder is beginnin to get treated properly at last ? Once his mood is more stable, maybe you should consider some joint sessions of family counselling, to help pull things together, to the greater satisfaction of both of you ?

1