Question
Posted by: ripples | 2004/11/09

bipolar disorder

Ek is 'n aangenome kind,maar nou self al 'n ma. My biologiese ma het 'n bipolere versteuring.Ek glo nie ek het dit nie alhoewel ek 'n baie emosionele mens is en my emosies vinnig kan verander. Wat ek egter wil weet. wat is die kans dat een van my kinders dit kan kry.Ek weet haar ma het dit ook gehad en haar suster weer nie. Moet ek bekommerd wees oor my kinders en hoe vroeg kan so iets opgetel word by 'n kind?

What we become in life, emotionally and in personality, depends on many different important factors, One is biological / genetic inheritance --- what you get from your birth mother and biological father. If either or both of them had Bipolar Disorder, you MAY ( or may not ) have inherited a slightly higher risk for developing Bipolar or Depressive Disorder yourself ( these are common disorders, so we all have some risk, only it's a bit higher if biological relatives had such disorders ). Then we are inflienced by our upbringing, but the parents who raise us, and how they do that ; and some styles of upbringing might possibly also increase the risk for bipolar or depressive disorder, too. Then ther3e's the interaction between our personality ( unique ) and what life does to us, and how we react to it.
If you haven't yet developed a major Depression or Bipolar disorder, then the chance that you have passed on even a small risk of it to your children is very small indeed. And these disorders don't often show themselves in childhood, but in adult life. It can happen and show itself earlier, but not often. And though you might describe your personality as emotional, that's well within the range of normal, so your children probably have no risk greater than any of the rest of us or our children.

1
Posted by: Paul | 2004/11/09

Dis definitief moontlik. Ek het al gehoor van kinders onder 10 wat met bipolar gediagnoseer word.

Reply to Paul