Question
Posted by: Anna | 2004/01/22

Bipolar Disorder

Hi Doc,

Please would you explain to me what Bipolar Disorder is? I have never heard of this before.

Thank you.

Dear Anna,
If you check on the home page of this site, health24.co.za, use the search facility there, and you ought to find a section describing the basics of bipolar disorder usefully ; then you can come back here and ask any follow-on questions not answered by material already on this site.
Basically, it's what used to be callede manic-Depressive Disorder, in which one's control of one's mood is unstable, and one can swing both down into Depressions, but also up into mani or High episodes, It can be controlled by medications