Question
Posted by: concerned 5/2/04 | 2004/02/05

bipolar affective disorder

My 16 yr old son was recently diagnosed with bipolar affective disorder, can anyone please enlighten me on this?
He is ADD and been using drugs and involved in petty crime

Dear concerned,

I am sure I have veryu recently answered a VERY similar question to this --- please check the forum Archives.
I am sceptical about the frequent diagnosis of ADD, and the use of drugs in it, and a second opinion might be a good idea, before deciding on long-term treatment.
For more info on Bipolar Disorder, go back to the Health24 homepage and check the Depression Centre and the search facility.

1
Posted by: Frankie | 2004/02/05

Drugs are not the answer!!! The more drugs that are prescribed, the more incidence of crime! Stats prove just that. Gee, now doesnt that tell you something??? Get an alternative opinion. There is a good chance that there is nothing physically or mentally wrong with your child.

Reply to Frankie