Posted by: Acid | 2009/02/17



My aunt currently suffers with Bipolar and she has extreme mood swings from being down in the dumps through to highs above the clouds. Very irritable and always needs to a change of scenary.

Tell me, are there any clinics/organisations that provide daily care for someone in her condition? A professional facility that is backed up by doctors that can help with he medication and doses.

Are there any placeslike this in SA and more specifically in Durban?

Please help..

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Acid
Most psychiatrist can treat this and if needed will be able to admit her to a hospital suitable to treat this condition. Call The South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG) on 011 262 6396 or 0800 20 50 26 - they will be able to refer you to a suitable doctor in your area (offices are open 7 days a week from 8am – 8pm. )
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.