Question
Posted by: Anon2 | 2008/06/06

Bipolar

Hi CS
I’m devastated. Yesterday I’ve seen a fourth psychiatrist this year to sort out the Bipolar diagnosis and the meds. Now it is three yeses I’m Bipolar, and one unsure. I’ve been slowly becoming depressed the past week after having felt so good for more than a month. I want to end it all. I’ve got no future, nothing to work for, nobody to love. I want to close my eyes and never wake up again.

Sounds more like the American Democratic primaries, doesn't it ? How many votes do you want to accumulate before deciding to accpt a majority verdict and work towards proper and earnest treatment of that diagnosis to see if it actually over time b rings you useful relief ? No point whatever in ending it, except for working on proper treatment to end the bipolar disorder, not you yourself. Are you reluctant to accept this, or any diagnosis ? With relief of the bipolar and depression, you can find and create a future, and things to work for and people to live. Your comments are so typical of someone who is deeply depressed, and in fact of someone who is likely to respond well to proper treatment. Pick the psychiatrist you found you got on best with, and start treatment earnestly, franklly telling him exactly how you feel right now

1
Posted by: peppa | 2008/06/06

anon2, u have yourself to live for. u live for what is still to come. yes, it is tough having bp, tough living with it, tough to stabilize on meds, yada, yada. u r someones child, someones neighbor, someones friend. u are YOU and u r special. it gets better. patience is not a virtue for a lot us, even worse when we have bp. it feels like a death blow. i never even used to use headache tabs, now i live off 'smarties'. it is not easy, bt we need to accept then it gets better. good luck

Reply to peppa