Posted by: Chad | 2005/11/24


Hi I wonder if you could please give me the signs and symptons of Bipolar as I believe I might have it how do you diagmose someone with it and is there treatment what do i do if I belive I have it

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Check elsewhere in Health24, and search the site, as there are descriptions of what you want, elsewhere in the site. Come back if you have further specific questions after rading that material. Don't get too worried about self-diagnosis --- what anyone needs who is worried about themselves, would be to see a good local shrink for a full assessment, and then, if any diagnosis seems appropriate, to discuss treatment options. There are numerous mediations that can be very effective in treating Bipolar Disorder.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/24

I asked the same Q yesterday
this was CS's answr

Posted by: Cybershrink
Not so sick, but expriencing one fairly typical feature of a bipolar high --- things can feel good, and you may be happier than the situation deserves. and you often at such times completely lose your common sense and good judgement, so people often make ludicrous decisions, investments, etc., and only afterwards regret it terribly. So one needs the proper assessment from a shrink and proper meds, to limit these expeditions !
One of the problems involved in treating people with bipolar disorder when they're high, is that they may be very reluctant at first to take measures that will return them to normal, iof it is feeling like fun, at that time.
Date: 24/11/2005

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Mmmm | 2005/11/24

Only a psychologist or a psychiatrist can diagnose you after a careful evaluation. Then if a psychologist diagnosed you, he/she will send you to a psychiatrist if he/she feels that you need medication to keep it under control.

So go see a psychologist or GP, who can both refer you to a psychiatrist if they think that its necessary.

Reply to Mmmm

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.