Question
Posted by: gko | 2005/07/11

Bipolar

How do I know if I have bipolar, any bipolar sufferers out there to give me advice.. becauuse I do suffer extreme mood swings

Check via a search both the archives of this forum for previous discussions of this, and search Health24, as Bipolar Disorder is discussed elsewhere in this site, in general. Most of us have mood swings. In Bipolar they are extreme both in degree and in duration --- that is, eg, a Depression lasting many months on end, and a manic period lasting at least weeks.

1
Posted by: kathy | 2005/07/12

I have recently been diagnosed with bipolar after been told for 9 years i had depression(c 2005-06-20). Get yourself 2 a GOOD psychiatrist or psycologist and get an answer. Don't let anyone put you off or tell you you are labelling yourself. Getting a diagnosis is an uphill battle as people are scared to put you on the medication and others look at you as if you just read about it and now are imagining it. Good luck!

Reply to kathy