Question
Posted by: chant | 2007/04/02

Bioidentical hormons

How can I get Bioidentical hormons? I know there isn't any in SA. Can I order them from USA?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Bioidentical hormones are manufactured to have the same molecular structure as the hormones made by your own body and are more and more being used as hormone replacement therapy (HRT). But, they aren't "natural," ecause they're not directly produced from a plant or animial source. They are synthesized in the lab from a "natural" source (usually soybeans in the case of estrogens and testosterone or wild Mexican yam in the case of progesterone and sometimes testosterone) to mimic the chemical structure of the naturally occurring compound. By contrast, synthetic hormones are intentionally different.

A company like Solal technologies may something in this line available. I'm not familiar with other lines - your best bet may be the internet