Question
Posted by: missy | 2004/11/12

Binging one day of the week

I am currently on a diet , well basically just eating healthy and I would just like to know if "pigging out" one day of the week will cause me to gain all the weight lost during the week and whether this pattern of eating is unhealthy! I find that it satisfies all my cravings and I can return to healthy eating plus loads of exercize the next day??? PLEASE HELP

Dear Missy
If the total energy intake for a longer period such as a week is lower than normal, then your overeating on one day of the week will not have a negative effect on your weight loss. It is, however, more prudent to stick to your diet throughout because that day of binging may well turn into 2 or 3, etc, and then your efforts will be in vain.
Take care

2
Posted by: Ayee | 2004/11/15

I would advise you to stop it while you can. Its so addictive. I started like that for a month. In two months it was an everyday thing and now I'm sitting with 12 extra kilos and binging episodes almost everyday. Its unhealthy and it gets to you without realising.

Reply to Ayee
Posted by: missy | 2004/11/13

Thanks alot ! That has set me at ease !

Reply to missy