Question
Posted by: Office at home | 2005/01/04

Binge eater<br>

Hello

I am really struggling!!! My office is at home until my other office is built (another 3 months!). I hate this because I binge when I am anxious or bored and so I keep on going to the kitchen. I constantly feel hungry, like nothing fills me up. I have breakfast at 7 and by 9 I am starving!! I am not over weight although I would like to loose 1 or 2 kgs. I am 1.76m and weigh 64kgs.

Please someone help me with what I can munch on because coffee and water just enhance my cravings at the moment!!

Dear Office at Home
You are certainly not overweight - your present BMI = 20,6, which is below the ideal of 22 for your height for which you would have to weigh 68 kg! So stop stressing - you know it is going to take 3 months to build this office and you may as well relax while you sit at home - or rather go for brisk walks around the neighbourhood. You can munch on plain popcorn, carrot and celery sticks, baby tomatoes, cucumber and celery sticks, broccoli or cauliflower pieces, etc. Also try chewing sugarless chewing gum as research has shown that chewing something sweet can help to stop cravings. You are probably having these cravings because you are not eating sufficient at breakfast (fruit or fruit juice, porridge or cereal with milk or yoghurt, egg or cheese with wholewheat toast and a hot beverage).

2
Posted by: Binge eater | 2005/01/05

Hi soul mate

It feels so good to know that I am not alone!! The chocs etc look far better than the freshly prepared carrot sticks!

I actually got rid of all the 'bad foods' but found that I when I craved a rusk or something, I would overeat on ' safe foods ' which added up to twice the amount of energy but half the fat - what is then better???

Should I find the answer, I'll let you know:-)

Reply to Binge eater
Posted by: SOUL MATE! | 2005/01/05

HI BINGE EATER

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU, I TRIED EATING FRUIT AND NUTS IN STEAD, BUT GET 'BORED' WITH IT AND THEN I END UP EATING TWICE AS MUCH CHOCS AND NICIES.

Reply to SOUL MATE!