Posted by: Doll | 2004/10/08

binge /bulimia/obesity

Please provide me with a list of suitable registered inpatient psychiatric hospitals for the above addiction.thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Doll, the conditions you mention are not addictions, so do not need facilities dealing with additions. They are Eating Disorder, which any psychiatrist can treat, but which might best be seen at one of the relatively rare Eating Disoders units, such as the one at Tara Hspital in Joburg, and you might check otherwise whether your local medical School has someone with a special interest in eating disorders.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: dbit | 2004/10/11

There is an ED treatment facility mentioned in the latest Marie Claire, not sure what it was called but I think it is in Cape Town.

DO a search on Ananzi and a few other centres may come up too.

Good luck.

Reply to dbit

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.