Question
Posted by: pinkpanther | 2006/04/04

bilharzia

In January I was diagnosed with BILHARZIA and it was in my left kidney. I went to theatre and the eggs were removed. I also took BILTRICIDE. I had previously miscarried twice and they removed a cyst which was on the right of my womb. Eversince then I've had pains where both my kidneys are.

I would like to know if this could give me kidney failure because as I'm speaking, I am in pain. I drink plenty water and am an active person.

Can BILHARZIA be cured for ever?

Dear Pinkpanther
It can be cured but you may need to follow-up with blood tests to ensure that they got rid of everything. I don't know exactly how much of the kidney tissue was involved and so would not like to take a guess on whether you will get kidney failure - one normally don't get kidney failure from bilharzia if treated.