Question
Posted by: Bo | 2004/03/11

BignTummy after delivery

I had a baby 8 months ago. My tummy is still big. I can no longer tuck in my shirts into the skirt because of the bulging tummy. How can I get rid of the big tummy. My tummy was okay before this last pregnancy which was so big. I have tried to exercise, it does not seem as if I'm making any progress. I had an IUD inserted after the birth, but this cannot be responsible for the big tummy, it's as big as 2/3 month pregnancy.

Dear BO
This is really a difficult problem because your abdominal muscles were probably stretched a great deal during your pregnancy. I surmise that you are not overweight? If you should be overweight, then use a low-fat, high-fibre diet and both an all-round exercise programme and targeted exercises for the tum. Are you using targeted exercises to strengthen and firm your tummy muscles? Ask Fitness Doc for a home workout programme which targets the abdominal muscles (e.g. situps, etc). But if these exercises have still not had a measurable effect after 3 months (it takes time to achieve effects like these), then I would recommend that you consult your gynae and ask if you need a tummy tuck or repair. The gynae will refer you to the relevant dr.
Holding thumbs that the tummy shrinks.