Question
Posted by: Nadia | 2008/01/28

Biggest Loser SA - Sunday show

I couldnt believe my ears on Sunday when Noori said all she lived on for the week for lunch and breakfast was brocolli and fish. What are these ppl learning about good healthy eating habits? From this you can determine that they are definitely not being educated about healthy eating at all.

Is there anywhere on the net one can view their diet? I am quite interested in seeing what its made up of.

Adil said he is only allowed 4 complex carbs for the day? Huh? How can an adult male live on 4 carbs a day? One should feed the body enough good foods in small portions to get the metabolism going and at the same time not starve.

DietDoc what is your view on this.

Dear Nadia
As I said, the diet component of this TV programme is basically a mystery and it is a great pity that we are not given more info. After all a health slimming diet is even more important than exercise when it comes to sustained weight loss. I must get around to watching that Sunday programme too - have not had a chance yet. I reckon that Noori has gone on a semi-starvation diet to try and stay in the game - she was voted out last week and has one week to lose as much weight as possible to try and get a second chance. However this is totally unbalanced and not conducive to learning healthy eating habits that will stand her in good stead for the rest of her life. Adil only eating 4 complex carbs is also trying to lose as much weight as possible to get his second chance - on the one hand it is good that these poor contestants are given a second chance, but it should not be at the price of all the correct principles of sustained weight loss.
I promise to watch the Sunday episode and will give more feedback.