Question
Posted by: Whin | 2008/01/17

Biggest Loser Reply

Doc, I was wondering the same thing when I saw how they eat there. they really should consult with a dietician.

Dear Whin
They did use a dietitian, but she was not included in the takes for the TV programme and I really do think that too much emphasis is being placed on the exercise. Exercise is a wonderful aid to weight loss, but it must be accompanied by a reduction in energy intake via a balanced, energy-reduced diet. So we will see what they come up with on the Biggest Loser - this Monday, there was a slight mention that the blue team tightened up their diet, but one again no details.

1
Posted by: anon | 2008/01/19

I was saddened that the red team got away with sabotaging the blue team by adding extra oil in their curry.....

Good for the blue team to still be the largest loosers that week. When will the blue team discover what the red team did to them. Most probably at the end of the show.

Also amazed at how much emphasis is placed on exercise. From the clips, they seem to be forever exercising and in the real world how many people can exercise for more than an hour a day.

Exercise is important but everything needs to be balanced, exercise and food, like Dietdoc says.

Reply to anon