Question
Posted by: Slush Puppy | 2005/11/22

Bigger legs/carves

I'm 25, weigh 48kg, quiet small built and have thin legs. I want to do some exercises and (if applicable) eat the right foods that will help stregthen and make my legs bigger.

NOTE: As I cannot afford a gym membership, I am looking at doing exercises around the house and outside. Like jogging, etc.

Anyones advise if appreciated. I also believe that patience is a virtue. So I am willing to wait say 6 months to see some results. Someone help me put more meat into my legs!

The exercise you do will depend on your goals from training, apart from wanting to build muscle on the legs. I think that cycling is probably the best activity, then running. Obviously cycling requires equipment and perhaps more time, and so running is probably a more accessible activity. You also have to do specific exercises or weight training. You don't need to be in a gym to do this, you can do certain exercises with just body weight. I would suggest at the least, you do lunges, calf raises and squats three of four times a week. Do about 3 sets of 15 repetitions each time. but try to build up a routine of exercise. You are quite right, you do need to give it time, and it will take months to see results. But be patient, if you can run 4 or 5 times a week, and do some regular weight training exercises, then you will see change in a few months.

GOod luck

1
Posted by: Slush Puppy | 2005/11/23

Thanks for the reply doc. Much appreciated.
I know I want 2 things from this (in priority order):

1. My legs are thin and I'd like more meat on them
2. I'd like to get the extra meat first and then turn that into muscle/ give it some shape/tone.

Would what you said above still be applicable?

Thanks again...

Reply to Slush Puppy