Question
Posted by: pepsi | 2005/06/02

big tummy

kindly help me with the excercises i can do at home to reduce my tummy and floppy arms ans thighs

Hi Pepsi

Cardio is the way to go. Unfortunately, you are pursuing a dead end option if you try to do situps, crunches, and other stomach exercises until you are blue in the face. While they have their place, flattening or reducing the stomach, arms and thighs ulitmately involves burning fat, and that is something that is best done by doing regular cardiovascular exercise, like running, cycling, swimming, aerobics, rowing etc. Therefore, my advice is that you either join a gym, or a club of people who are walking, or otherwise find a friend who is aiming for the same thing and start walking. If you go the the Fitness page of the site, you will see a number of different programmes under the link 'programmes', and my advice is that you go for the shape up for summer series and then try to follow it as much as possible. These programmes also contain specific exercises, which I suggest you do, but make sure your focus does not stray from cardio. The exercises help to tone and gain lean muscle mass, which is important for the appearance of defintion and also to help keep the weight off, but it's the cardio that does all the work.