Posted by: busted | 2008/06/10

big problems

I am only 18 and i have really huge breasts, i would like to know if they are so huge as a result of my eating?

could anything be done to reduce them without having surgery?

Dear Busted
The size of a woman's breasts is determined by: a) General overweight - if you are not overweight in any other part of your body, this does not apply and losing weight will not affect the size of your breasts; b) Genetic factors - some women have much bigger breast than other women because there is a family tendency to large breasts - there is not way of preventing this if you fall into the genetic category. If you are generally overweight, then losing weight will also reduce your breasts. Use an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) to lose weight. As far as I know there is no other method of reducing breast size, except surgery, so you would have to discuss this option with a surgeon.