Posted by: JH | 2008/07/15

I was in a car accident in 2001 and suffered a severe blow to my elbow - x-rays showed nothing although the pain was very bad. Since then (more during the winter months) I have a problem that during the night my arm goes numb and dead and my fingers right up to my shoulder has pins and needles. If I do not get up and move my arm around and stay in bed the bad pain starts - all along my arm - it is very bad and unbearable. During the day it is fine except when I do 'fine' work like sewing on a button or something my hand goes numb. What can this be. It's been 7 years and it keeps on happening??????

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The problem could come from your neck - which will refer down your arm. Consult a chiropractor for a physical evaluation and care or referral.