Question
Posted by: Tallulah | 2004/01/14

Big ideas, lacking willpower

For the past 10 years I have had all sort of wonderful ideas, dreams and inspirations.
I never get down to carrying them out though! I seem to love thinking them up but cant follow through. When I get home from work I am occupied with socialising and cant interupt my current pattern. I KNOW I am smart, could I just be lazy? How do I get myself to realise and fulfill my aspirations before Im too old and grey to perform them? Im 32 now.

Mmmm, Tallulah. "wonderful ideas" are mere fantasies, if they don't include a conrete and practical plan to ensure that they are possible, practical, and can be actually carried out. its like the diference between masturbation, and actually making love. Yes, you could be lazy, and perhaps far too fixed in your wild ways. To say you're too busy socializing to get down to working towards any of your dreams, suggests that those dreams aren't really important to you --- at least much less important than "socializing".
What would you prefer them to write on your tombstone, Tallulah ? "She achieved X, Y, and was the first person to Z" ? Or "She socialized a lot". ?

1
Posted by: J | 2004/01/14

Get off your butt and DO! You have to prioritize. Is socialising more important than realising your dreams? At the end of the day you will only have yourself to hold accountable for what you have or havent achieved. Maybe start writing things down and then try and achieve one small thing at a time until you look back and realise you've actually done quite a bit thereby motivating yourself to do even bigger and better things...? Sounds achievable but requires WORK.

Good Luck

Reply to J