Question
Posted by: worried- this is strictly directed to the Gynae | 2004/01/27

Big hole

I had a baby two years back and the stiches in my hole opening came off. Can I go to the doctor to stich them back or is it too late?

If you are having problems with intercourse or anything else, then you should see a gynaecologist. If you do not have any problems then there is no need to do anything.

1
Posted by: tamsyn | 2004/01/28

I know this was "strictly for the gynae", but it is a forum, so I'm going to give my opinion...

I assume you mean your episiotomy stitches? They were probably dissolving stitches and would come out on their own. Was it after 6 days plus? If it was, then I think its normal.

I don't think you can have your vagina stitched now, but there is corrective surgery in extreme cases.

Try doing kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles - you may find thins helps a lot and makes you feel tighter.

Reply to tamsyn