Posted by: worried- this is strictly directed to the Gynae | 2004/01/27

Big hole

I had a baby two years back and the stiches in my hole opening came off. Can I go to the doctor to stich them back or is it too late?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

If you are having problems with intercourse or anything else, then you should see a gynaecologist. If you do not have any problems then there is no need to do anything.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: tamsyn | 2004/01/28

I know this was "strictly for the gynae", but it is a forum, so I'm going to give my opinion...

I assume you mean your episiotomy stitches? They were probably dissolving stitches and would come out on their own. Was it after 6 days plus? If it was, then I think its normal.

I don't think you can have your vagina stitched now, but there is corrective surgery in extreme cases.

Try doing kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles - you may find thins helps a lot and makes you feel tighter.

Reply to tamsyn

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.