Question
Posted by: Barbie | 2006/04/03

Big breasts

Im about five weeks pregnant. Havent been to gynae yet so I have a question. My bra size is currently a size 36 DD. I am dreading the fact that my breasts will still increase in size because of the milk etc etc. This is going to very uncomfortable for me if they get any bigger than this. Is there a tablet that I can that to stop the production of milk for the next few months and maybe take something closer to the birth to stimulate the glands to produce milk again? If there is, how safe/risky is this and will this actually make a difference in my breasts not growing bigger

Better not to use any tablets.

4
Posted by: Purple | 2006/04/03

Big breasts do grow in size during pregnancy, but not to the same extent that small breasts do. You will probably only go up one size.

I used to have DD breasts, but had them reduced at the age of 16, so I know how you feel. I was reduced to a B cup, and during pregnancy I grew to a D cup and although I got bigger when my milk "came in" (changed from colostrum to full milk) on day 4 after giving birth, I remained a very full D.
I'm now, 2 years later, wearing a C cup.

My friend who was a D before pregnancy grew to a DD - just one size up.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Pegs | 2006/04/03

Oh and Sue, you are so right!
I used to have a C-cup, but after the 2nd breastfeeding session, I know fit into B-cups, sometimes even A's! :(

Reply to Pegs
Posted by: Pegs | 2006/04/03

Sorry, but there is no such thing. Any hormones you take now will interfere with the pregnancy. There's not much you can do, except for buying even bigger bra's, and try not to pick up too much weight. Or you could decide not to breastfeed, and they give you an injection straight after birth to stop the milk from producing. But personally, I'd choose big breasts and a healthy baby over smaller breasts and bottle-feeding. Good luck!

Reply to Pegs
Posted by: sue | 2006/04/03

I dont think there is anything you can take - especially whilst being pregnant. Gynae doc would have to confirm, but it is something you will just have to accept - once you have stopped breast feeding you usually end up with smaller breasts that before anyway, so there is some hope at the end of the tunnel!

Reply to sue