Question
Posted by: Yoma | 2007/03/06

BIG Ankle problem

I have had 3 ankle operations in the last 3 years, and a major back operation as a result of my right ankle - no previous injuries. out of the blue, I suddenly couldnt walk ! it feels as if the bone is broken and rubbing against each other,. I went to 3 different speacialists and only after each operation, they all told me the same thing : In all my years I never came across such a problem.Last operation was in August, 2006, and its starting again, not even flat shoes help !!!!!! what can I do ??? 4 years already !!!!!!!

Expert ImageArchive

It SOUNDS??? as if you have osteo-arthritis and IF this is the case then a fusion of your ankle might be the answer. I suggest youj call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249, discuss the case with our secretary (who is a podiatrist) and ask her for a referral to a foot and ankle orthopedist who can assist further