Question
Posted by: Wizzard | 2007/03/06

Bi-Polar

Hey Doc

I have A FEELING i SUFFER from Bi-polar and i am having a really tough time right now, where it feels as though the whole world is against me, I have never had so many things go wrong in my life at once!! In the past i have seen 3 Psychologists, 2 Psychiartrists and 2 hypnotherapists, Through this I have managed to stop cutting myself, But also during this time I have attempted Suicide a number of times, I think that was Attention seeking tho.

I hit a point yesterday on my way home, where i felt I had to speak to my parents regarding the thoughts I have been harbouring for the past 4 weeks, Where I was no longer looking for Attention and it became real for me.

Anyway bottom Line I cant even speak to my parents I tried last night but they are not approachable at all, I realise this now. I need to get out of this country now b4 I go complete insane or do something stupid. I have no one to talk to and My thoughts Are EATING ME FROM THE INSIDE OUT!! THIS TIME I KNOW I WILL SUCCEED WIT MY ATTEMPT BUT I KEEP TRYING NOT TO> DAYS GO BY AND I FEEL UP AND HIGH AND MIGHTY ONE DAY AND THE NEXT I JUST WANT TO DIE> I HAVE NO APETITE EITHER>

DOC WHAT DO I DO B4 My thoughts consume me and i kill myself!!!

PLEASE HELP ME????????????????

Once, when I also said "the whole world seems against me", a pal said : " Nonsense ! There are several areas of Afghanistan which haven't decided yet !" I wouldn't expect the "hypnotherapists" to be much help, ESPECIALLY wih a problem involving self-cutting, and I'd think your best bet would be to work with a therapist who does CBT ( Coghnitive-Behavior Therapy ) Congratulations on managing to stop cutting yourself --- that's a major achievement ; and it shows the extent of your own capabilities in getting things right again.
SO don't allow yourself to even think of giving up. Maybe some specific medication for Depression would help, though CBT is also brilliant in treating Depression, and in helping you to learn the best way to manage these moods and feelings of despair, now and in the future. Leaving the country BEFORE sorting this out would not be a good idea, as you'd have even lessresources and support there. Sort it out first, then the world's your oyster and then you can start looking for its pearls.
And have you tried calling Lifeline for support until you can find the right therapist to work with ?

1
Posted by: Wizzard | 2007/03/06

Hey doc

I dont see the Light man! HOW CAN I STOP FEELING THIS WAY????

THE ONLY THING I CARE ABOUT IS CHANGING THAT AND CHANGING NOW! I CANT HANDLE THIS FEELING AND ITS GETTING WORSE DAY AFTER DAY.I NEED THIS TO STOP?

I AM HITTING THE POINT WHERE I WILL DO ANYTHING TO STOP FEELING THIS WAY AND THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT THE MORE REALISTIC IT BECOMES!!

I NEED HELP< I KNOW THIS BUT WHAT DO I DO??

Reply to Wizzard