Question
Posted by: CHRIS | 2008/01/07

BFL

HI,

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TAKE IS ON THE BODY FOR LIFE APPROACH REGARDING EATING. (6 MEALS, FIST SIZE OF CARBS & A FIST SIZE OF PROTEIN - LEAN OF COURSE) I NEVER USED TO EAT CARBS IN THE EVENING, BUT NOW I HAVE DISCOVERED THAT IT IS BETTER TO EAT 6 BALANCED MEALS. I UNDERSTAND THE I WILL PROBABLY PUT ON A BIT OF WEIGHT BEFORE STARTING TO LOSE ANYTHING AS MY METABOLISM MUST NOW GET USED TO THE CHANGES SO THAT IT WONT "HOLD ONTO" THE CARBS. IS MY LOGIC CORRECT REGARDING THIS?

THANK YOU...

Dear Chris
'Nibbling' diets where one eats 6 or more small meals a day instead of 'gorging' on 3 large meals, have been shown to be highly successful provided the food eaten on the nibbling diet is low in fat and high in fibre. Your body will not 'hold on to carbs' - this is a myth. Carbs only contribute 16 kJ per gram, while fat provides 37 kJ per gram -a great difference. Carbs that are rich in dietary fibre contribute even less to your energy intake. So use the diet as prescribed and you should see good results.