Posted by: Trodat | 2008/06/11

Bf, ex and son

Hi CS and all, Been dating this guy for a year and a half and plan to get married next year May, The ex now wants the child to come stay with us as she can no longer stay with him for some reasons that she can not tell us, and the child is 5yrs.How do we introduce him to a new home and to let him know that we are now his family and my problem is I do dnot know if i will be a good mother to him, I do not have a kid and have no idea of handling them, Hence I am scared that I might be too much on him or he might compare me to his biological mother. father and son have a good relationship and do not want to spoil it. Am prepared to do anything for as long as everyone is happy.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Surely she needs to explain her reasons, otherwise you, or rather your bf, can't assess whether the request is reasonable, and how long this changed siuation might last. Anything that is happening to the mother with custody is relevant, as it could affect her ability to maintain custody. I don't see grounds for secrecy. The experience will enable you to get used to having a kid around --- don't be too anxious and dont try too hard

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Kb | 2008/06/11

Trodat - i think it is wonderful of you to be so positive towards the situation, wish more people were like you. I have no advice, but goodluck.

Reply to Kb

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.