Question
Posted by: Joe | 2004/11/13

Beta blockers and erectile dysfunction

I was diagnosed as a lone atrial fibrilator / hypertensive approx. 20 years ago and have been using a Beta-blocker ( Concor ) for the past 10 years. I now suffer from erectile dysfunction as well. According to the insert that comes with my medication, the use of this drug can lead to ED. Can this in fact be the case and, if so, can the symptoms of ED be reversed, say, by a change in medication ?

I consider that the nature of ED that I am experiencing is purely of a physical nature. I am 62 years old.

Joe, it might be due to the Concor® and you can ask your doctor to suggest an alternative. It might of course e due to your age, too much stress or a disorder like diabetes. The best would be to see your doctor and have him make sure that there is no underlying problem. If everything turn out OK you can ask him to prescribe you something like Viagra®. Good luck.