Question
Posted by: Asha | 2003/12/04

Beta - Blockers

While trying to fall pregnant is it safe to be on a Beta - Blocker
Does Beta - Blocker effect a pregnant women or her children in any way?

Beta blockers are not the ideal medication to be on in pregnancy, so if there is an alternative, it would be better to change to this before you fall pregnant. If you are using this for high blood pressure, discuss with your physician about an alternative.

1
Posted by: C | 2003/12/08

Hi there,

I take a beta blocker for an arrythmia, i take 40mg a day, and my cardiologist and gynae said that it would be all right if i took half a tablet a day (ie 20mg). I am now 9 weeks pregnant, i had a scan and everything is normal so far, and i seem to be coping relatively well on the 20mg. I think it depends on the dose you take.

Good luck!!
C

Reply to C