Question
Posted by: Chilli | 2007/12/18

best way to thicken triceps?

The best triceps i've seen on a woman are janet jackson's. What kind of exercises is she doing to have such lovely thick triceps? The muscle has so much thickness that when she holds her arm out, it hangs down.

what are the best exercises for thickening this muscle. Mine is strong - but not thick. It looks very nice when i am training it but then an hour later when the pump is totally gone, you can't even tell i train my triceps at all.

this looks esp odd as my biceps are visibly defined.

Hi Chilli

I'm not privy to Janet's exercises, so I can't help on that one! If I had to guess, I'd say that she probably does a much higher intensity session that most recreational gym goers. Two reasons - one is that I suspect she focuses her training on preparing her for dancing, which means high intensity, very hard training, though lasting a short time.

The second is that I would guess that she does her best to condense her training as much as possible.

So perhaps what you need to do is increase the intensity - you can use a heavier weight, perform the movements more powerfully, and then taking slightly longer rest periods and also reduce the number of reps you do. That should help you with some more muscle building.

1
Posted by: Other forum? | 2008/01/02

Try bodybuilding for this - you want to do more rope tricep pushdowns for the long head - if youre up to it - skull crushers and dips are best.

Reply to Other forum?