Question
Posted by: Annie | 2007/05/22

Best time to fall pregant?

Dear Gynaedoc,

My previous period was from 16-21 April. I took my last (and final pill) on 23 April. My current period started on 21 May. Usually it last's about 6 days. With light bleeding on the 6th day.

Please advise which would be the best time to try and conceive. In general, I'm not sure which time of month is best.

Thanks a lot!

You have to see what your cycle is like off the Pill (count from the first day of your period to the first day of the next). The ovulation period is 14 days before the next period is due.

1

The best time to concieve a child is when you are ovulating. This is determined by the lenght of your cycle. If your cycle is 28 days you ovulate around the 14th day of your cycle. The best would be to have sex 3 days prior to ovulation and day of ovulation, as sperm can live up to 3 days inside whilst the egg only 24 hours. If you are unsure about your cycle you can also check out yourdaysDOTcom to help you to determine your days or you can buy an ovulation kit from the chemist. Best of luck!